Wilton House

Wilton, Wiltshire - Earl of Pembroke and Montgomery


"Wilton House is an imposing structure, rebuilt, as to its present front, by Inigo Jones, a part of the previous mansion having been destroyed by fire in 1648.

In 773 an abbey was founded here by Weolkstan, Earl of Ellandum. It was twice demolished by the Danes during the reigns of Alfred the Great and Edgard, but on the restoration of the Saxon Kings the monastery was rebuilt by Edith, wife of Edward the Confessor.

In the reign of Henry the Eighth the monastery was dissolved, and shortly afterwards levelled with the ground. It was then granted by that monarch to Sir William Herbert, who was the ancestor of the present Earl, and was made Earl of Pembroke by Edward the Sixth about the year 1560."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage