Rushton Hall

near Kettering, Northamptonshire - Clarke-Thornhill family


"Rushton Hall was commenced by Sir Thomas Tresham about 1527, but apparently was not finished for some few years afterwards. Sir Thomas was succeeded in his house and estates by his son, Francis Tresham, who forfeited the estates to the crown on account of the part he took in the Gunpowder Plot.

Rushton then passed into the hands of Sir William Cockayne, in whose family it remained until 1823, when W. W. Hope, Esq., became possessed of it. In 1854 it was purchased by Miss Thornhill, and at her death went to her husband, W. C. Clarke-Thornhill.

There is a curious building in the grounds of Rushton called the Triangular Lodge, which is supposed to have been one of the places of meeting for the conspirators in the Gunpowder Plot."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage