Bulwell Hall

near Bulwell, Nottinghamshire - Cooper family


"Bulwell Hall, which is a large and handsome stone mansion, is very pleasantly situated upon a commanding eminence about a mile and a half to the west of the village from which it takes its name.

The Hall was built in 1770 by John Newton Esq., from whose family, at his death, it passed to Mr Padley, and then to the Rev. Charles Padley, who sold it to Samuel Thomas Cooper, who considerably enlarged the mansion and improved the surrounding grounds.

Mr Cooper, who was Lord of the Manor, and also patron of the Rectory of Bulwell, built large and handsome schools of stone, in the Gothic style of architecture. They stand in the main street of the village, and are provided with extensive playgrounds attached to them."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage