Eastnor Castle

near Eastnor, Herefordshire - Earl Somers


"Eastnor Castle was built by John, first Earl Somers, and completed in 1815. The designs were given by Sir Robert Smirke, in the style of the twelfth century.

This family is stated to have been seated in the county of Kent in the reign of Edward the First, and to have removed to Gloucestershire in that of Henry the Eighth. Thomas Cocks, of Bishops Cleave, is the earliest recorded; his descendant, Charles Cocks, was MP for Worcester in 1692, and then for Droitwich in seven Parliaments. He married Mary, sister and heiress of Lord Somers.

John Somers Cocks was created Viscount Eastnor and Earl Somers in 1821. He was Lord Lieutenant of Herefordshire."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage