Castle Coole

County Fermanagh, Ireland - Earl of Belmore


"The present mansion-house was erected towards the close of the last century, by the first Lord Belmore, from the plans of the celebrated James Wyatt, at a cost of toward 60,000. It is faced with Portland stone. The mouldings of some of the cornices and ceilings are very elaborate, and were executed by Mr Joseph Rose, of London.

The estate of Castle Coole came into the family of Lord Belmore by marriage. The residence of the Lowry family was previously at Ahenis, near Caledon, County Tyrone.

The original house having been burnt down by the order of the Governor of Enniskillen in 1689 to prevent its being occupied by the Duke of Berwick's army, a new house was erected about 1709, but this was accidentally burnt about the time the present one was completed.

Armar Lowry Corry, MP for Tyron, created Baron Belmore in 1781, was advanced to the dignity of an Earl in 1797."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage