Tyttenhanger Park

near St. Albans, Hertfordshire - Countess of Caledon


"The house was built by Sir Henry Pope Blount in 1654, in place of a very ancient one formerly belonging to the Abbots of St. Albans. At the dissolution of the monasteries, King Henry the Eighth granted the estate to Sir Thomas Pope, from whom it descended to Sir Henry Blount, who took the name of Pope, and from him came through the female line to the Countess of Caledon.

The house is a handsome building of red brick designed by Inigo Jones. Tyttenhanger was one of the ancient deer parks of England, and was considered such a healthy spot that Henry the Eighth and his Queen and family took refuge here during the sweating sickness in the year 1528."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage