Workington Hall

near Whitehaven, Cumberland


"The old mansion was built in the reign of William Rufus, by Patric de Culwen, and was castellated in 1379. It has in times since been mainly rebuilt, the oldest portion being the gateway in the centre of the tower. The house stands on a finely wooded eminence overlooking the river Derwent, and with fine views of the Solway and the opposite coast of Scotland.

Thomas, having had a grant of the Lordship of Culwen, his descendants assumed that name. The family however became extinct in the male line by the death of Henry Curwen in 1778, whose daughter, Isabella, carried the estate to the family of Christian, through marriage to John Christian, who thence assumed the surance of Curwen."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage