Guy's Cliffe

near Warwick - Percy family


"This seat derives its double name from a person and a place, the former that of the redoubtable and famous "Guy, Earl of Warwick," the latter a high cliff which here bounds the western side of the classic Avon.

At the dissolution of the monasteries, Henry the Eighth bestowed Guy's Cliffe upon Andrew Flammock. Subsequently, it was possessed by a family named Edwards, and next passed to Samuel Greathead, who built a new residence, and his son greatly enlarged and improved the place. Later, it massed to Bertie Greathead, who married Charles Bertie Percy.

The family of Percy, Earls of Beverley and Dukes of Northumberland, descends from Sir Hugh Smithson, who married Lady Elizabeth Seymour, the heiress of the Percies, and was created Duke of Northumberland in 1776."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage