Netherhall

near Maryport, Cumberland - Pocklington-Senhouse


"Netherhall, formerly Alneburgh Hall, is situated on the banks of the river Ellen (anciently Alne), which falls into the Solway about a mile below the house. The house originally consisted of a tower only, with walls nine feet thick, and of unknown but very ancient date. The manor and estate once belonged to the Eglesfields, but passed, in 1528 by the marriage of the heiress to the Senhouses, in whose possession it has since remained.

Roger Pocklington, of Carlton House, Nottinghamshire, married Jane, daughter of Sir James Campbell in 1802, and they had three sons, the second being Joseph Pocklington. He married, in 1835, Elizabeth, eldest daughter and heiress of Humphrey Senhouse, whose surname he assumed, by Royal Licence, in addition to his own in 1842."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage