Chillingham Castle

near Wooler, Northumberland - Earl of Tankerville


"Chillingham, originally called Chevelingham, was at one time helf by Robert de Muscamp. It afterwards came to the family of Grey, Barons of Werke, from whom it was inherited by the present family. The house, which is a large and massive structure, was rebuilt in the reign of Queen Elizabeth. In the neighbourhood are two circular entrenchments, and about a mile off a stone cross, twelve feet high, called the Hurle Stone.

Charles Bennet, second Baron Ossulston, married Lady Mary Grey, the only daughter of Lord Grey of Werke and Earl of Tankerville, in 1695, and himself was created Earl of Tankerville on the death of his father-in-law in 1714."

This item is currently out of stock


Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage