Castle MacGarrett

near Ballindine, County Mayo - Lord Oranmore and Browne


"Castle MacGarrett, which in English means Castle Fitzgerald, was the property of the Fitzgeralds or Prendergasts (as they were variously called), Lords of the Barony of Claremorris, and came into the Browne family by the marriage, in 1564, of Dominick Browne, of Carra Browne Castle, to Mary, daughter of Maurice Prendergast.

In 1694, Geoffrey Browne left the old Castle, which was getting unsafe to live in, and built a house in another part of the place, where the family resided till it was burnt in 1811."

This item is currently out of stock


Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage