Newstead Abbey

near Mansfield, Nottinghamshire


"Newstead Abbey, one of the finest specimens in existence of those quaint and romantic piles, half castle, half ornament, which remain as monuments of the olden times, is situated about five miles from Mansfield and nine miles north of Nottingham. Originally a Friary of Black Canons, at the dissolution of the monasteries it was granted to Sir John Byron, Lieutenant of Sherwood Forest. After the murder of King Charles the First it was confiscated by the Puritans, but was restored by Charles the Second to Lord Byron, who, in reward of his loyalty to the throne, had been raised to the Peerage.

It continued in that family till the year 1815, when it was sold to Colonel Wildman, and afterwards to Frederick Webb."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage