Woburn Abbey

near Woburn, Bedfordshire - Duke of Bedford


"Here was in early times a monastery of the Cistercian order, founded in 1146 by Hugh de Boledac, incited to the work, it is recorded, by the Abbot of Fountains Abbey. These abbey lands were given by King Edward the Sixth to John, Lord Russell, soon afterwards created Earl of Bedford, in whose family they have remained ever since. The building, as may be supposed, has been variously altered from time to time. The present mansion was built by the forth duke.

Woburn Abbey was visited by Queen Elizabeth in 1572, and by King Charles the First in 1645."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage