Stourton

near Knaresborough, Yorkshire - Lord Mowbray and Stourton


"Stourton is situated in the parish of Allerton Mauleverer, between four and five miles to the east of Knaresborough. Together with the hamlets of Clareton and Hopperton, the parish consists of about two thousand three hundred acres of land, mostly the property of Lord Stourton.

The house is a handsome stone building, in the Modern Tudor style of architecture. In ancient times the estate belonged to the family of Mauleverer. It next came to that of Lord Galway, by whom it was sold to the Duke of York, who again sold it in 1789 to Colonel Thornton, who gave the house the name of Thornville Royal. It was finally sold in 1805, for the sum of 163,800, to Lord Stourton."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage