Corsham Court

near Corsham, Wiltshire - Lord Methuen


"This was anciently a royal mansion, and used to be a portion of the dowry of the Queens of England. As such it was at one time possessed by Henrietta Maria, the Queen of Charles the First. The name was sometimes written as it is still pronounced - Cosham.

The house was originally built by John Thorpe, in the year 1582, and was next the property of the family of Hungerford, from whom it passed to that of Methuen.

The family of Methuen is of foreign extraction, and is stated to have derived from a German of distinction who had accompanied Queen Margaret from Hungary around the year 1070, and on whom Malcolm Canmore, King of Scotland, bestowed the Barony of Methven in Perthshire."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage