Badminton House

near Tetbury, Gloucestershire - Duke of Beaufort


"The first possessor of Badminton on record was one Edrick, who held it in the reign of King Edward the Confessor. Next Ernulf de Esding owned it in the time of the Conqueror, and afterwards it was held for several centuries by the family of Boteler, until Nicholas Boteler sold the estate in the year 1608 to Sir Thomas Somerset, son of the fourth Earl of Worcester.

His daughter, Elizabeth Somerset, on dying unmarried, left the Castle to Henry, Lord Herbert, who afterwards was created the Duke of Beaufort.

Badminton was visited in the year 1702 by Queen Anne and her Consort, Prince George of Denmark."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage