Keele Hall

near Newcastl-under-Lyme, Staffordshire - Sneyd family


"The manor of Keele was granted by King Henry II., in 1180 to the Knights Templars, and on the suppression of that order passed to the Knights Hospitallers, who held it until their property was confiscated by King Henry VIII., who then sold Keele to Sir William Sneyd, of Bradwell.

The old hall was finally taken down in 1855, by Ralph Sneyd, Esq., who re-erected on its site, and in the same style of architecture, the present noble mansion. Keele Hall is built of a pale red sandstone, relieved with white stone.

The ancient family of Sneyd, which has continued during six centuries in direct male descent from Henry de Sneyde, was formerly seated at Bradwell, in the parish of Wolstanton, but removed from thence, in the reign of Queen Elizabeth, to Keele, which as ever since been the chief family residence."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage