Stowlangtoft Hall

near Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk - Wilson family


"Stowlangtoft was formerly the residence of Sir Simonds D'Ewes, and was afterwards owned and inhabited by Sir Walter Rawlinson, and subsequently by Sir George Wombwell, Baonet, from whom it was purchased by the family of the present owner.

The old hall was pulled down and the present house built in the year 1859, from the designs of Mr J. H. Hakewill the architect, Messrs. Cubitt of Gray's Inn Road being the builders. It is in the Italian style of architecture, and externally of white brick and stone.

Henry Wilson, born 1797, was High Sheriff of Suffolk in 1845, and then MP for West Suffolk. His son, Fuller Maitland Wilson, was Lieutenant-Colonel of the West Suffolk Militia."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage