Eshton Hall

near Skipton, Yorkshire - Baronet Wilson


"Eshton Hall, formerly the residence of the 'De Esshetons,' passed into the Clifford property, and was sold by George, Earl of Cumberland, in 1597 to Robert Bindloss, of Borick. In 1646 the hall, estate and manor were sold by Sir Robert Bindloss to Mathew Wilson, of Kendal, who was ancestor of the present owner.

The house, rebuilt in 1825-6 from designs by the late George Webster, of Kendal, is of white freestone, on an eminence that commands a beautiful home view.

The family of Wilson descends from Robert Wilson of Brigsteare, Haversham, Westmoreland, and Alice, his wife. Sir Mathew Wilson, MP for the Northern Division of the West Riding of Yorkshire, was created a Baronet in 1874."

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage