Caen Wood Towers

Highgate, Middlesex - Reckitt family


"This beautiful edific, built on the site of the Fitzroy Farm and Dufferin Lodge, was erected by its late proprietor, Mr Edward Brooke. The house is of a highly ornamented character throughout, and the interior is especially richly decorated with marble.

Here, about the year 1630, Cromwell built for himself 'Cromwell House,' where, however, it is thought that he paid but occasional visits. The chapel of Highgate, which occupied the site of a hermit's cell, was granted by Bishop Grindal, afterwards Archbishop of Canterbury, in 1565, to a new grammar school, erected and endowed the year before by Sir Roger Cholmeley"

Click to enlarge

Window Mounted Window Mounted and Framed

Window mounted (UK mainland)34.95
Window mounted (Europe)37.95
Window mounted (Rest of the World)39.95
Window mounted & framed (UK mainland only)55.95
Window mounted & framed (Europe)62.95
Window mounted & framed (Rest of the World)74.95



Return to Homepage